Tuesday, January 18, 2011

hunger pastige

below is a mini pastige of hunger where the protaganist stumbles upon a family feeding ducks




As I was walking aimlessly on a Sunday I saw a family sitting on bench by the pond feeding the ducks bits of bread. The ducks quarreled viciously over the crumbs of soggy bread, fiercely competing for it as if they never would again, but they lingered by the family always expecting more, never full. And the family chucking breadcrumbs were filled with content seeing the cluster of ducks wrestle each other for a scrap of bread. Why is such struggle fascinating? A deep fear brewed inside me, a fear that I might one day be like the ducks, no I couldn’t do such a thing. But whilst their pugnacious nature scared be I could sense a trace of envy with in my self. The slimmest possibility of bread, gave them a reason to move. When they failed they tried again, they did not fear defeat, when won the crumb they fought for another piece endlessly. They swam excitedly put their entire existence into fighting for the bread. They were eternally focused an enthralled, in their quest with a sole cause. I suspect god gave them this wild drive but could this madness come from with in? This possibility startled me I felt my self, running maddly away from these feasting ducks. The sight seemed to consume my entire being and I submitted to this strange madness there seemed to be nothing I could do but run.
 

3 comments:

  1. You've captured his thought process well, the way he breaks everything down in to thoughts, questions, and emotions gives it a lot of personality. The diction is strong because there are some complex words but the sentence structure is relatively simple like in the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your imitation of the protagonist actions is very similar to that in the novel. The way that the protagonist bounces between what is happening and his own fears captures his thoughts in "Hunger." Also the characters constant questions also mirror the structure that is seen in the novel. His fascination with other peoples lives also displays the character similarly to the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the style of writing in Hunger well because you show how the character analyzes even the smallest things such as feeding ducks and makes it out to be crazy. You provide the protagonist's thoughts about how the world he lives in is so strange. You also show the moos swings really well because in the beginning it seems like a happy day in a park watching a family feed ducks, but in the end he doesn't know what to do except run away. Your imitation displays a lot of similarities to the novel.

    ReplyDelete